Coil and Cable Heaters
The versatile Watlow coil/cable heater can be formed into a variety of shapes. Cable heaters are small diameter, high-performance units, fully annealed and readily bent to a multitude of configurations.
The cable heater can be formed into a compact, coiled nozzle heater supplying a full 360 degrees of heat with optional distributed wattage. A straight cable heater can snake through an equipment application. Flat spiral configurations can be used in high-tech manufacturing while a star wound cable can be used for air and gas heating.
Different applications require different construction methods, including one, two or four resistance wires; parallel coil or straight wire; drawn or swaged sheaths; with or without internal thermocouples; leads exiting from one or both ends, and round, rectangular or square cable cross sectionals.
Whatever the application, the Watlow coil heater and cable heater can be shaped to fit.
|Material||Maximum Operating Temperatures||Maximum Watt Densities|
|304 stainless steel||1200||650||30||4.6|
- Continuous operating temperatures to 1200°F (650°C) with intermittent operating periods achieving up 1500°F (815°C) dependent on the type of element wire used
- Sheath watt densities on the cable to 30 W/in² (4.65 W/cm²), and as high as 75 W/in² (11.62 W/cm²) subject to factory approval
- Maximum voltage to 240V
- Plastic injection molding nozzles
- Semiconductor manufacturing and wafer processing
- Hot metal forming dies and punches
- Sealing and cutting bars
- Medical, analytical and scientific instruments
- Restaurant and food processing equipment
- Cast-in heaters
- Laminating and printing presses
- Air heating
- Textile manufacturing
- Heating in a vacuum environment
Features & Benefits:
|Constructed with no open seams|
|Constructed of standard 304 stainless steel, optional 316 stainless steel or Alloy 600|
|Heater sheath can be brazed|
|Sizes ranging from 0.040 in. (1.02 mm) to 0.188 in. (4.8 mm) diameter|
|Internal construction options|